If you have a craving or feel a pang of hunger it is always good to have a few Keto Snacks handy. And this video by Tasty shows 5 Easy Keto Snacks that is so simple that anyone can make it. Make sure you check out the recipes for the 5 snacks below this video.
Parmesan Cheese Crisps:
This recipe will make 12 yummy servings.
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (That’s 100 grams)
1 Teaspoon of Dried Basil
To make this snack:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Get a Baking Sheet and line it with Baking or Parchment Paper.
3. Using a Tablespoon scoop the Parmesan Cheese in small piles on the Baking Sheet.
4. Flatten the piles so that they are even.
5. Sprinkle the Dried Basil over the Cheese.
6. Put into oven and bake until Golden Brown and the edges start to crisp up. (Usually 5-7 Minutes)
7. Each serving will provide 0.33 grams total carbs, 0.3 grams dietary fiber and 0.30 grams net carbs.
To make 1 Flatbread:
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella (100 grams)
1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
1 Egg (Large, Beaten)
¼ Cup Almond Flour (30 grams)
2 Minced Cloves of Garlic
½ Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Teaspoon of Minced Fresh Rosemary
Some Pepper, as you prefer
Some Salt, as you prefer
To Make This Flatbread:
1. Use a medium bowl and add the Mozzarella and Cream Cheese to it.
2. Microwave the mixture for intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between each interval. You want the cheese to be fully melted and the consistency must be smooth.
3. You don’t want scrambled eggs in your mixture so let it cool down for a few minutes before adding the rest.
4. No add the Egg, Almond Flour, Garlic, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Salt and Pepper.
5. Stir everything together until it is thoroughly combined.
6. Preheat your oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
7. Line a Baking Sheet with Baking or Parchment Paper. Alternatively you can grease the sheet with a nonstick spray.
8. Transfer everything to the baking sheet and then flatten it into an even layer.
9. Bake until the Flatbread is a lovely golden brown color (10-15 minutes).
10. Serve it any way your heart desires!
Cauliflower Grilled Cheese:
This tasty recipe is the third recipe in the Easy Keto snacks and will make 2 servings:
1 Head of Cauliflower
A pinch of Salt
½ Cup of Grated Vegetarian Parmesan Cheese (55 grams)
¼ Cup of Fresh Chopped Basil (10 grams)
A Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
A Teaspoon of Oregano (Dried)
½ Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
Your choice of Cheese (Or all of them!)
Any additional topping you might like
Here’s how you go about making this treat:
1. Grate the Cauliflower into a large bowl.
2. Add a pinch of salt over the Grated Cauliflower.
3. Mix it up evenly.
4. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
5. Pour the seasoned Cauliflower into a Clean Kitchen Towel and then wring the water out.
6. Combine the Cauliflower and the remaining ingredients (not your choice of cheese and toppings) into a lare bowl.
7. Stir it until it well mixed.
8. Use a large spoon and transfer two hearty scoops onto a skillet. Each scoop will form a “bread slice”.
9. Fry on the skillet on a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes on each side.
10. Add your cheese and any other toppings, allowing a couple minutes for the cheese to melt.
To make 3 servings you need:
3 Eggs that has been separated
⅛ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
3 Tablespoons of softened Cream Cheese. (Alternatively you can use Greek Yogurt)
Here’s how you go about making it:
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks into 2 separate bowls.
3. To the egg whites you add the Cream of Tartar,
4. Whip it into stiff peaks.
5. Mix the Cream Cheese into the yolks.
6. Fold half of the egg whites into the yolks until just combined.
7. Add the rest and fold again until incorporated.
8. Get a baking sheet and line with Parchment Paper.
9. Put 6 dollops of the batter on the Baking Sheet.
10. Using a spatula, spread out the dollops to about half an inch (1 centimetre) thick.
11. Bake until golden (about 30 minutes).
12. Needs to be cooled down for at least an hour.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies:
The last of the Easy Keto Snacks will give you 8 servings:
160 Grams of natural Peanut Butter (Two thirds of a cup)
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 Cup of unsweetened and shredded Coconut Flake (75 grams)
This is how you make it:
1. Get a medium microwaveable bowl and put the Peanut Butter and Coconut Oil in it.
2. Microwave the contents for 30 seconds.
3. Combine it by stirring.
4. Add the Vanilla Extract and stir again.
5. Finally add the Shredded Coconut Flakes and mix until all the flakes are covered.
6. Dollop and flatten the mixture on to a Baking Sheet (Line with Parchment Paper).
7. Each cookie should be around 4 centimetres wide (That’s 1 and a half Inches).
8. Freeze on the Baking Sheet until Solid. Should take about 15 to 20 Minutes.
9. You can store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.